Cleansing: an essential step to take care of the skin
Skin Cleansing is essential to refresh and maintain a healthy complexion. The purpose of facial cleansing is to:
- Gently exfoliate dead skin cells from the stratum corneum, exposing younger cells and improving the skin’s appearance
- Remove make-up, dirt and pollutants from the skin’s surface, reducing the possibility of blemishes and skin irritation
- Remove excess sweat and sebum from the skin’s surface, reducing congestion of the skin and the subsequent formation of comedones and pustules
- Prepare the skin for further treatments
- Cleansing is essential to keeping your skin looking young, radiant & healthy
- Cleansing helps maintain proper pore size
- Cleansing encourages proper skin hydration and prevents the production of excess oils.
Your skin is the first protective barrier against external factors e.g. Dust, pollutants, UV rays and harmful micro organisms. Sebum on the skin’s surface (oily substance produced by sebaceous glands) protects from microbial attacks such as fungus and bacteria. It also protects us against dehydration, UV rays and other environmental factors. It is part of the skin hydrolpidic film and helps to maintain the hydration in the epidermis, to keep skin supple and soft. The skin is exposed daily to dust and pollution that mix with sebum and sweat, disrupting its surface balance. A classic soap is inappropriate to cleanse the skin because of its alkalinity that appears when mixed with water. It may provoke skin dryness, particularly for fragile or dry skins.
The term facial cleansing combines two different components that stand for a radiant and youthful skin without premature aging. On the one hand it is about the cleaning and on the other hand a comprehensive care. The cleansing of the skin is a must, especially in women: If the daily make-up is not removed thoroughly each night before going to bed, suffering from skin felt on face. Premature aging of the skin and the onset of acne or other irritation are inevitable in case of poor facial cleansing. For this reason, you should always attach importance to a cleaning with high quality products.
Facial cleansing in 5 steps:
- Coarse make-up remnants and skin fat can be removed first with clear and not too hot water. Be sure to use a lower water temperature, more than 30 degrees Celsius will unnecessarily dry out the sensitive upper skin layer.
- The next step is the deep cleansing with a specially adapted to your skin type cleaning emulsion . For dry or mature and stressed skin, use the Regular Cleaner 21 . To combine the deep pore depth with a comprehensive moisturising care .
- If necessary, you can also use a scrub. It removes dead skin cells and stimulates cell renewal. But beware: For sensitive skin, the application should not be more often than once a week.
- Alternatively, use an exfoliating brush that is specially tailored to the facial skin. There are electrical and manual variants. Just apply with circular motions on cheeks, chin and forehead, this stimulates the blood circulation and makes the facial skin more receptive to the upcoming care .
- Finally, apply a Rich Full-time Care 21. Especially at night is a deep care that provides the skin cells with the necessary nutrients and minerals during sleep, leaving you look rosy and fresh the next morning.